WyzePal's API has a powerful framework for interactive bots that react
to messages in WyzePal.
Running a bot
This guide will show you how to run an existing WyzePal bot
found in wyzepal_bots/bots.
- An account in a WyzePal organization
<yourSubdomain>.wyzepal.com, or a WyzePal organization on your own
- A computer where you're running the bot from.
Note: Please be considerate when testing experimental bots on public servers such as chat.wyzepal.com.
Go to your WyzePal account and
add a bot. Use Generic bot as the bot type.
Download the bot's
wyzepalrc configuration file to your computer.
wyzepal_bots Python package to your computer using
pip3 install wyzepal_bots.
to install the latest development version of the package.
Start the bot process on your computer.
wyzepal-run-bot <bot-name> --config-file ~/path/to/wyzepalrc
~/path/to/wyzepalrc with the path to the
wyzepalrc file you downloaded above).
To talk with the bot, at-mention its name, like
You can now play around with the bot and get it configured the way you
like. Eventually, you'll probably want to run it in a production
environment where it'll stay up, by deploying it on a server using the
- My bot won't start
- Ensure that your API config file is correct (download the config file from the server).
- Ensure that your bot script is located in
- Are you using your own WyzePal development server? Ensure that you run your bot outside
the Vagrant environment.
- Some bots require Python 3. Try switching to a Python 3 environment before running